Here is one awesome Indian recipe of prawn curry made with Fenugreek seeds and Yoghurt. Try it Taste it and let know what your tastebuds convey….
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 3 small tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 pieces of medium sized red chillies (dried)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 0.25 tsp turmeric powder
- salt as required
- 500 grams of large raw prawns, shelled, deveined and rinsed
- 2 tblsp thick full cream yoghurt
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and heat for about 30 seconds to release the aromatics.
- Add onions and stir for about 5 minutes, until the onions are lightly golden and just softened.
- Put the tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and red chillies into a food processor and blend to a fine purée. Stir this purée into the onions.
- Add the ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala and turmeric powder and season with a little salt.
- Cook over a medium-low heat for 8–10 minutes, stirring from time to time, until it thickens.
- Add the prawns and enough water to cover them by half.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 3 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked.
- The sauce should be light but not watery.
- Turn off the heat and add the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle over the chopped coriander and serve with hot rice.