Halwas are always yummy to eat. This custard halwa Recipe is sure to keep your taste buds active for long. Try it out and let me know your experience.
- Custard powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Roasted unsalted cashews – 20 nos.
- Ghee – 2 TBSP + 1 tsp for greasing
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Put sugar and custard powder in a heavy bottom pan.
- Pour water in and mix well without any lumps. Make sure sugar dissolves fully.
- Take another tray / plate and generously grease it with ghee
- Chop the cashews and keep it aside
Cooking Method (approx 30 min)
- Place the heavy bottom pan in low flame and keep stirring continuously.
- The mixture will slowly change glossy
- When it fully turns glossy, add 1 TBSP of ghee, cardamom powder and keep stirring
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the remaining 1 TBSP ghee and keep stirring.
- When the halwa consistency is reached, add cashews
- Now pour the entire mixture in the greased tray / plate
- Set it to cool for an hour
- Cut into desired shapes and serve